Mahwah, NJ (June 30, 2016) – Marantz®, a world leader in advanced audio technologies, continues to unveil its 2016 home theater line-up. Following the recently announced slim-design NR1607, Marantz is introducing a new full-size Network Receiver, the SR5011. The full-size cabinet contains 7 x 100 Watts and selected high grade components, paired with advanced wireless connectivity and total ease-of-use to create a solid addition to any home theater. And – most importantly - both Music lovers and home theater enthusiasts alike will appreciate the true, renowned Marantz sound. It is expected to be available in July for $899.
Packed with the latest audio and video technologies, the Marantz SR5011 lifts every home theater to a new level. Featuring Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, users can enjoy breathtaking 3D surround sound with today's advanced movie soundtracks, featuring sound even coming from overhead. The SR5011 is made out of carefully selected, high-grade audio components and Marantz-own HDAMs (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module), delivering the renowned Marantz Hi-Fi and home theater sound. The amplifier section delivers 7 x 180 Watts of output, enough to fill large rooms. It comes with advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT, to tailor perfectly with any individual listening room.
Ready for the next in technological innovation, the SR5011 features an advanced video section that's fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the SR5011 is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources. It can further upscale analog and digital source material up to Full HD 1080p or even 4K Ultra HD for the ultimate viewing experience. And thanks to the dual HDMI output, a TV and a projector can be connected in parallel.
Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, with dual antennas that help ensure robust signal transmission and reception. Once connected, music can easily be streamed through AirPlay®, network attached storage devices (NAS), Internet Radio, Pandora®, SiriusXM™, and Spotify Connect® (where available; subscription required). High resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported for incredible fidelity. To round up the flexibility, a 7.2 channel pre-out section and the RS232 connection and IP control makes the SR5011 very appealing for custom installation purposes.
No need to study a manual to set-up the SR5011; users can just follow the on-screen instructions with the . Once set up, daily operation is simple and convenient with the new Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app available on iOS, Android™ and Kindle Fire™. And for those looking for energy savings, the SR5011 includes a smart ECO mode that can automatically save significant electrical power without influencing the overall performance.
SR5011 7.2ch Network AV Receiver – Main Features
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
- Improved network stability especially in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- 7ch discrete power amplifier, 100W per channel (8ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, THD: 0.08%)
- Enough power to fill bigger rooms with renowned Marantz sound
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 2 HDMI outputs
- Plenty of inputs for your digital devices; ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel
- Analogue to HDMI conversion and SD/HD to 4K Upscaling for legacy video sources
- Full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analogue sources
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X (via firmware update)
- Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Network Audio Streaming
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
- High Resolution audio streaming for HiFi enthusiasts
- Advanced Multi-Room options; 7.2ch Pre-out; RS232 Control
- Audio and video in multiple rooms; ready for 3rd Party Home Automation systems
- Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Delivering incredibly precise equalization for your individual room
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI
- Hassle-free installation, setup and operation
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Unprecedented level of command and control
- ISF video calibration
- Ready for professional calibration of home cinema TVs or projectors
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Energy-conscious without compromising on performance
Marantz SR5011 Front
Marantz SR5011 Rear
Marantz is a part of D+M Group. The company can trace its roots back to the dawn of the first mono LP, when Saul Bernard Marantz, a native of New York, was unhappy with the equipment available to play his cherished record collection on. So he had to build his own! Saul officially founded the Marantz Company in 1953. Then, as now, the company’s cornerstones were quality and innovation. For over half a century Marantz has been developing unique technologies and bringing landmark hi-fi and home entertainment products to market through its tireless and extensive R&D programs. Such commitment to audio and video excellence ensures each Marantz design delivers class-leading performance. Additional information is available at www.us.marantz.com.
About D+M Group
D+M Group is a global company dedicated to enhancing life through inspired sound solutions delivered anytime, anywhere. With a strong belief that “Performance is everything,” D+M is focused on innovation to meet the needs of customers in an increasingly digital world. Serving the consumer markets, D+M Group brands include Boston Acoustics®, Denon®, and Marantz®. D+M Group has approximately 900 employees worldwide, with products and services marketed in more than 45 countries. All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D+M Holdings, Inc
All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D+M Holdings, Inc. except Kindle which is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates; Bluetooth which is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.; Spotify Connect which is a registered trademark of Spotify AB; Dolby Atmos which is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories, Inc.; Pandora which is a registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc.; SiriusXM which is a trademark of Sirius XM Radio Inc.; AirPlay which is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Audyssey MultEQ® which is a registered trademark of Audyssey Laboratories. and Android, which is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact include forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, the ability to launch products on time and enable new features sets, market acceptance for the company's products, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.