Sep 05, 2014
D+M Showcases A Vast Array of Products At CEDIA
Mahwah, NJ (September 5, 2014) – D+M, a global company dedicated to enhancing life through inspired sound solutions delivered anytime, anywhere, will be showcasing a variety of new products at CEDIA 2014. Located in Booth #636 on the show floor, D+M will be hosting demonstrations and previews of Denon, Marantz and Boston Acoustic products including HEOS™ by Denon wireless multi-room sound system, several new speakers and AVRs, four of which are enhanced with Dolby Atmos.
HEOS IS IN THE HOUSE
Paramount to the D+M presence at CEDIA is the company’s recent launch into the wireless multi-room sound system category with HEOS by Denon. The product line includes three stunning, wireless multi-zone music players: HEOS 3, HEOS 5, and HEOS 7, as well as the HEOS Link, HEOS Amp and HEOS Extend.
HEOS brings Denon-quality audio to any—or all—rooms in the home. Easily connect to an existing Wi-Fi network with the HEOS app, available for both iOS® and Android®*. HEOS by Denon delivers a user’s favorite music from the world’s leading online music services to the rooms users want to hear the music they enjoy.
- HEOS 3 ($299) wireless speaker is versatile and is the perfect product to start. This compact yet fully featured wireless stereo speaker system plays the user’s favorite music from a range of streaming services, from a smartphone or tablet, and from a USB drive too. Ideal for smaller spaces such as bedrooms, offices, dens, kitchens and dorm rooms.
- HEOS 5 ($399) wireless speaker is where elegance meets performance. This discreet and elegant speaker produces incredibly detailed wide range high fidelity. It is ideal for medium to large rooms such as dining rooms, larger bedrooms and offices or smaller living rooms.
- HEOS 7 ($599) a wireless speaker for the ultimate listening experience. Able to produce true wide range high fidelity stereo sound, the HEOS 7 can deliver room-filling volume even in larger spaces such as living rooms, great rooms, and open area floor plans.
- The HEOS Link ($349) allows users to integrate any existing music system into the HEOS by Denon “ecosystem” by bringing any existing audio products (with an input jack) that users already own into the HEOS multi-room sound system. Users simply connect the high-quality Link stereo pre-amplifier via an analog, digital coaxial or fiber-optic cable to turn any existing home cinema or music system into a wireless HEOS audio zone. What’s more, the Link lets users control select Denon receivers, integrated amplifiers, or mini-systems via the HEOS App.
- The HEOS Amp ($499) is designed to add HEOS multi-room audio functionality to any pair of stereo loudspeakers1—perfect for outdoor, in-ceiling, floorstanding or bookshelf models—and features the same wireless ease-of-use as Denon’s HEOS speaker models. Incorporating an advanced and hugely powerful 100W Class D digital amplifier in a sleek compact chassis, the HEOS Amp delivers low distortion and high current capability.
- The HEOS Extend ($99) is an optional access point range extender and is available to improve or expand the user’s existing home wireless network (sold separately).
HEOS CONTROL INTEGRATION
HEOS by DENON will fully support the custom integration market via a comprehensive, open control API compatible with all of the most popular 3rd party control and home automation platforms.
Denon anticipates working directly with leading 3rd party control and home automation manufacturers to deliver turn-key certified control drivers and modules to easily and effectively integrated the entire lineup of HEOS by DENON products into their ecosystems. Music services browsing, Zone management/grouping and full transport control of HEOS by DENON products will all be supported via the 3rd party control interface.
At CEDIA Expo 2014 we will be demonstrating HEOS by Denon compatibility with leading home automation platforms such as Control4, Crestron, Savant and URC.
At CEDIA, D+M will be showcasing the first Dolby Atmos AVRs available to the public in the world. The four featuring Dolby Atmos are Denon AVR-X4100W, Denon AVR-X5200W, Marantz SR7009, and Marantz AV7702.
Brief descriptions of each:
- The new Denon AVR-X4100W features a power amplifier with 125 watts per channel to create stunning cinema sound and detailed music playback. Its advanced audio section includes the highest resolution audio decoders like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. It also offers DTS Neo:X, Audyssey DSX and Dolby Surround and Denon’s own D.D.S.C.-HD circuit with renowned AL24 Processing Plus. It also has a Denon Link HD connection for jitter-free transmission from a supporting Denon Blu-ray player. It features Audyssey MultEQ XT 32 (Pro ready) room calibration with Sub EQ HT and LFC.
- The Denon AVR-X5200W comes with the same feature set as the AVR-X4100W but further adds unique technologies. It has a powerful nine channel amplifier with 140 watts per channel packed in a discrete monolithic amplifier design with custom made DHCT (Denon High Current Transistors), to fill the home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. It further supports speaker setups that go beyond its nine power amplifiers stages, thanks to its ability to process even 11.2 channels.
- The new Marantz SR7009 comes with no less than nine discrete amplifier channels, each with 125W of pure power. Imagine: nine strategically-located speakers with audio processing capabilities that go even further - thanks to its four DSP (Digital Sound Processing) engines the SR7009 is capable of handling up to 11.2 channels to fully support Audyssey DSX, DTS Neo:X.
- The Marantz AV7702 Pre-amplifier comes with built in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and the latest audio and video processing technologies including feedback topology and Marantz’s own developed high-definition HDAMs. This product is not yet available.
DENON, MARANTZ AND BOSTON ACOUSTIC AVRS AND SPEAKERS
See and hear a myriad of core products from D+M at CEDIA including:
*A wireless home network is required.
1-Designed for use with wired passive speakers
About D+M Group
D+M Group is a global company dedicated to enhancing life through inspired sound solutions delivered anytime, anywhere. With a strong belief that “Performance is everything,” D+M is focused on innovation to meet the needs of customers in an increasingly digital world. Serving the consumer and professional markets, D+M Group brands include Boston Acoustics®, Denon®, and Marantz®. D+M Group has approximately 900 employees worldwide, with products and services marketed in more than 45 countries. D+M Group is a Bain Capital portfolio company.
All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D+M Holdings, Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact include forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, the ability to launch products on time and enable new features sets, market acceptance for the company's products, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.