Mahwah, NJ December 17th, 2015 – Marantz, a world leader in advanced audio technologies, today announced the availability of a free-of-charge DTS:X update for four Network A/V components from their 2015 home theatre line-up. The SR7010 and SR6010 A/V Receivers as well as the AV8802A (AV8802) and AV7702mkII Pre-Amplifiers are already packed with the latest in audio and video processing technology, wireless connectivity and total ease-of-use. Now, Marantz delivers on its promise to upgrade the DTS:X-ready devices with full DTS:X capability, enabling them to run an Audyssey-equalized DTS:X setup with 9.2 or even 11.2 channels for a fully enveloping home theatre experience.
DTS:X delivers truly captivating entertainment experiences in home theaters by accurately conveying the fluid movement of sound to create a richer entertainment soundscape than has previously been possible. DTS:X technology offers the ability to adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits the individual space by seamlessly transporting sound objects to and through specific locations within the viewing environment – in front of, behind, above and beside the audience – giving sound designers the freedom to place audio elements precisely where they need to be to deliver an incredibly immersive experience.
“DTS:X immersive audio technology is the perfect addition for Marantz customers who have come to expect the highest quality and landmark innovation from the company,” said Brian Towne, executive vice president, DTS, president DTS Asia Pacific. “With the ability to simulate a real-world environment with sound above, behind and in front of the viewer, DTS:X truly makes the home entertainment viewer feel they are in the centre of the action.”
“DTS:X is a great addition to Marantz A/V components; it allows our customers to enjoy the latest surround technology along with the brand’s unique audio heritage and quality,” said Yoshinori Yamada, global business team leader of the company’s A/V receiver category. “This is another way for us to produce audio faithfully to the content producers’ intent, regardless of room or speaker layout.”
The AV8802(A) will get the firmware update starting February 4th, while the other three models’ firmware will be delivered from March 3rd onwards. When connected to the Internet, the A/V components will give an update notification once the firmware becomes available. Final dates are subject to change until final release. If a user has turned off the “automatic update” feature on their AVR, they should manually check for the availability dates. Full instructions can be found at www.marantz.com/dtsx. Additional updates for current DTS:X-ready models will follow later in 2016.
At a glance
SR6010 7.2ch Network AV Receiver – Main Features
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® built in
- Dolby Atmos® (up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 with additional amplifier)
- DTS:X up to 9.2ch
- 110 watts x 7 channels (8 ohms, 20-20kHz, THD:0.08%) discrete power amplifier
- 13.2ch preout with 9.2ch processing
- Current Feedback circuitry with Marantz New HDAM
- Audyssey MultEQ® XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Pro ready
- Latest HDMI 2.0a with 4k 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 7+1 HDMI in / 2 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Full HDCP 2.2 support on all inputs
- Advanced Video Processing with HDMI scaling up to 1080p, 4k 50/60 Hz
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- High resolution audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless Playback
- Spotify Connect® (where available), Internet Radio support, AirPlay on board, Pandora® and SiriusXM®
- Phono (MM) input
- Setup Assistant and Advanced GUI
- Small trapdoor design; Aluminum front panel
- Marantz Remote App for iOS and Android™ devices
- ECO mode
SR7010 9.2ch Network AV Receiver – Additional Features
- 125 watts x 9 channels (8 ohms, 20-20kHz, THD:0.05%) discrete power amplifier
- 13.2ch preout with 11.2ch processing
- Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2 with additional amplifier)
- DTS:X up to 11.2ch
- Auro-3D upgradeable (optional paid upgrade later in 2016)
- High quality 192kHz / 32bit D/A Converters for all channels
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 3 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Big trapdoor design; Aluminum front panel
- Blue LED Marantz porthole; additional 2-lines FL display behind the trap door
- Universal LCD remote control
AV7702mkII Multi-channel Network AV Pre-amplifier – Main features
- Same features as SR7010, but no power amplifier section
- 11.2ch XLR pre-out, 13.2ch RCA pre-out
- High quality dedicated pre-amplifier board with HDAM for high resolution audio reproduction
- Power supply for pre-amplifier stage with audiophile grade ELNA capacitors
- Extended shielding to minimize interference
AV8802A Multi-channel Network AV Pre-amplifier – Additional features against AV7702mkII
Marantz AV8802 Right Angle
Marantz AV8802 Front- open
Marantz AV8802 Front-closed
Marantz is a part of D+M Group. The company can trace its roots back to the dawn of the first mono LP, when Saul Bernard Marantz, a native of New York, was unhappy with the equipment available to play his cherished record collection on. So he had to build his own! Saul officially founded the Marantz Company in 1953. Then, as now, the company’s cornerstones were quality and innovation. For over half a century Marantz has been developing unique technologies and bringing landmark hi-fi and home entertainment products to market through its tireless and extensive R&D programs. Such commitment to audio and video excellence ensures each Marantz design delivers class-leading performance. Additional information is available at www.us.marantz.com.
About D+M Group
D+M Group is a global company dedicated to enhancing life through inspired sound solutions delivered anytime, anywhere. With a strong belief that “Performance is everything,” D+M is focused on innovation to meet the needs of customers in an increasingly digital world. Serving the consumer and professional markets, D+M Group brands include Boston Acoustics®, Denon®, and Marantz®. D+M Group has approximately 900 employees worldwide, with products and services marketed in more than 45 countries.
All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D+M Holdings, Inc. or its subsidiaries except: Bluetooth which is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.; Spotify which is a registered trademark of Spotify AB; AirPlay is a trademarks of Apple Inc.; Dolby Atmos which is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories, Inc.; Audyssey MultEQ® registered trademarks of Audyssey Laboratories; DTS:X which is a trademark of DTS, Inc.; Android which is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.; SiriusXM which is a registered trademark of SiriusXM Radio Inc.; Auro-Matic and Auro-3D which are registered trademarks of Auro Technologies NV and Pandora which is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact include forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, the ability to launch products on time and enable new features sets, market acceptance for the company's products, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.