Marantz USA Limited Warranty
Marantz America, Inc. (“Marantz”) warrants the following Marantz Products for the periods indicated:
Reference Series Products:
All Marantz Reference models sold on or after April 1, 2009 come with a 5 year warranty with the following exceptions:
- Super Audio CD Players ("SACD")
- Optical Pick-ups and/or CD-Drive Mechanisms are only warranted for 3 years. After that time, Marantz will reimburse for the labor required to replace the part for the remaining duration of the 5 year warranty. The customer will be responsible for the actual cost of the part.
- All other components are covered for both parts and labor for the 5 year period.
- Needles and/or cartridges carry a 30 day warranty on the part only - no warranty covering labor charges is provided on the needle
- Since the part is user replaceable, the purchaser is responsible for any associated labor charges to replace this part.
- Defective needles and/or cartridges must be returned to Marantz as proof of defect in order for the replacement to be issued during the warranty window.
Non-Reference Series Products:
The following Marantz Audio/Video components have a 3 year warranty for both Parts & Labor, from the original purchase date with the listed part exception:
Amplifiers, Pre Amplifiers, Pre-Amplifier-Processor-Tuners, Integrated Amplifiers, Tuners, Receivers, Blu-ray DVD Players, SACD/CD Players/Changers, Learning Remote Control Devices, iPod Docks & DLP front Projectors.
Exception: DLP lamps have a 90 day warranty for parts and labor from the original purchase date.
What is covered and what is not covered
Except as specified below, this warranty covers parts and labor to correct all defects in materials and workmanship. The following are not covered by the warranty.
- 1. Damage, deterioration, malfunction or failure to meet performance specifications resulting from:
- Accident, acts of nature, misuse, abuse, neglect or unauthorized product modification.
- Improper installation, removal or maintenance, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by Marantz to repair the product.
- Any shipment of the product (claims must be presented to the carrier).
- Any cause other than a product defect.
- 2. Cleaning, initial set-up, check-ups with no defects found, or charges incurred for installation, removal or reinstallation of the product.
- 3. Any product on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- 4. Batteries.
- 5. Accessories, including but not limited to, batteries, cables, mounting hardware and brackets, cleaning accessories, antenna and detachable power cords.
- 6. Warranty is void if purchase was made from anyone other than an authorized Marantz dealer.
Who may enforce the warranty?
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
What we will pay for
We will pay for all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
How you can get service
- If your unit needs service, contact Marantz customer service by calling 201-762-6666. We will advise you of the name and location of one or more authorized Marantz service stations from which service can be obtained. Please do not return your unit to the factory without prior authorization.
- You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary to ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered under warranty, we will pay the return shipping charges to any destination within the United States, its possessions or territories.
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present the original dated sales receipt or other proof of date of purchase.
Limitations of implied warranties
All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purchase, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Exclusion of damages
Marantz liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product at Marantz’s option. Marantz shall not be liable for damage to other products caused by any defects in Marantz products, damages based upon inconvenience or loss of use of the product, or any other damages, whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise.
How the law relates to the warranty
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Marantz America, Inc.
100 Corporate Drive
Mahwah, N.J. 07430-2041
General Office hours:
8:30 AM to 5:30 PM ET, M-F
Parts Support hours:
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET, M-F
Tech and Operational Support hours:
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET, M-F
Fax. 201-762-6687 Parts
During peak call-in times or for after hours Tech and Operational self help support, please use our online FAQ database.
Online dealers will soon be displaying our new Authorized Marantz Dealer logo so that you can be assured you are purchasing from an authorized online dealer.
- AV Separates
- AV Receivers
- Video Displays
- HI-FI Components
- Reference Series
- Remote Controls